PAVE Schools, Inc. (PAVE) prepares Kindergarten to 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a community built on the organization’s core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent character. PAVE supports the establishment and operation of:
PAVE Red Hook seeks elementary teachers for Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades for the 2017-2018 school year. Teachers will instruct ELA, Math, social studies, science, and character development. In addition, all PAVE teachers will implement PAVE’s curriculum and assessment programs. All elementary school teachers will work in a co-teaching classroom where both educators share an equal load of responsibility and accountability. All teachers report directly to the Principal.
CLEAR AND CONSISTENT HIGH EXPECTATIONS IN A STRUCTURED ENVIRONMENT: PAVE team members believe firmly that all children can achieve at high levels, both academically and behaviorally, in a positive and structured school environment. PAVE team members demonstrate a willingness to hold themselves and others accountable to high expectations/excellence at all times and do not accept or make excuses when things get hard.
CULTIVATING A GROWTH MINDSET: PAVE team members are hungry for opportunities to learn and grow professionally, no matter how effective one may be in his/her practice. They have an ability to accept and implement feedback for real-time improvement and thrive in the intense environment of a high-performing charter school network.
THE TIMELESS NATURE OF CORE SKILLS + CONTENT: Closing the achievement gap is no small feat, and PAVE team members work hard to realize our mission and do what is best for our kids at all times. We believe that the bellwhethers of life-long success are timeless - the abilities to read and comprehend sophisticated texts, communicate complex ideas, and compute and problem-solve at a high level. PAVE team members believe that teachers should facilitate and scholars should do the heavy lifting when it comes to learning. We believe that ELA and math are at the core of everything we do.
• Embody, advocate and operationalize the mission, vision, and strategic direction of PAVE
• Create and sustain a positive and highly structured school culture of high academic and behavioral expectations
• Implement a research-based curriculum to meet or exceed academic standards
• Assume responsibility for the academic progress of students with a high sense of urgency and ownership towards quantifiable results
• Use assessments and data to inform instructional practices
• Utilize IEPs to adapt instruction to reach the needs of students with disabilities in an inclusion setting
• Communicate effectively and regularly with students and parents about student progress
• Maintain strong, professional relationships with colleagues in an environment where listening, critical thought, respectful debate, and compromise is welcomed and essential
• Commit to continued professional growth and active participation in PAVE professional development
• Complete all lesson plans, progress reports, report cards, and administrative functions with care and timeliness
• A strong commitment to PAVE’s mission and vision
• An uncompromising belief that all students can learn
• A relentless work ethic and a high degree of patience to push through difficult challenges
• A willingness to be held accountable for quantifiable student achievement and academic gains
• The ability and commitment to use data and regular assessment to inform instructional decisions
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team of teachers • Outstanding public speaking and writing skills
• Technological proficiency and adaptability
• Excellent organizational skills
• The desire and humility to grow as an educator
• At least two years of experience with a proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom
• Experience teaching in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s Degree (preferred)
• New York State Teaching Certification or Equivalent
PAVE Schools, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.