PAVE Schools, Inc. (PAVE) prepares Kindergarten to 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a community built on the organization’s core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent character. PAVE supports the establishment and operation of:
PAVE SE seeks a Teacher Resident to support instruction across the school. The resident will be based in 1 or 2 grade levels, but will gain experience in multiple grades across the school. The goal of the position is teacher development; the resident will spend much time both observing quality instruction and receiving extensive coaching on their own teaching. Additionally, the Teacher Resident will co-teach with staff members across the school, provide small group instruction in all content areas, and provide coverage of classes for absent colleagues. The Teacher Resident reports to the Principal. He or she also accepts direction from, and works closely with, the Academic Dean and the Learning Support Coordinator, as well as his/her Grade Team Lead.
CLEAR AND CONSISTENT HIGH EXPECTATIONS IN A STRUCTURED ENVIRONMENT: PAVE team members believe firmly that all children can achieve at high levels, both academically and behaviorally, in a positive and structured school environment. PAVE team members demonstrate a willingness to hold themselves and others accountable to high expectations/excellence at all times and do not accept or make excuses when things get hard.
CULTIVATING A GROWTH MINDSET: PAVE team members are hungry for opportunities to learn and grow professionally, no matter how effective one may be in his/her practice. They have an ability to accept and implement feedback for real-time improvement and thrive in the intense environment of a high-performing charter school network.
THE TIMELESS NATURE OF CORE SKILLS + CONTENT: Closing the achievement gap is no small feat, and PAVE team members work hard to realize our mission and do what is best for our kids at all times. We believe that the bellwhethers of life-long success are timeless - the abilities to read and comprehend sophisticated texts, communicate complex ideas, and compute and problem-solve at a high level. PAVE team members believe that teachers should facilitate and scholars should do the heavy lifting when it comes to learning. We believe that ELA and math are at the core of everything we do.
● Co-teach with other staff members using different co-teaching models to effectively meet all scholars needs
● Provide coverage of classes for absent colleagues in grades K-4, across all subject areas
● Support teachers to prepare lesson plans and materials (as needed)
● Teach clear and engaging lessons (using lesson plans provided by teachers) that follow the rigorous, Common Core aligned PAVE curriculum
● Build a warm and inclusive classroom environment and adhere to all PAVE discipline policies
● Provide small group instruction in all content areas to support struggling scholars
● Use data to drive small group and whole class instruction
● Assist with assessment administration (ex. Fountas & Pinnell)
● Assist with non-instructional supervision of students
● Create and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and staff
● Actively participate in grade-level meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development, including an annual summer institute
● Accept ultimate responsibility for the academic progress of his or her students, and work to actively overcome setbacks
● A strong commitment to PAVE’s mission and vision
● Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree and certification preferred
● Flexible and able to easily adapt to change
● The ability to create a classroom environment where students feel safe, supported, and challenged
● Passion and commitment to teaching scholars in underserved areas and to closing the achievement gap
● Relentless drive to set and achieve ambitious goals
● Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
● Growth mindset and ability to use feedback to improve practice
● Experience teaching in underserved areas a plus
PAVE Schools, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.