PAVE Schools, Inc. (PAVE) prepares Kindergarten to 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a community built on the organization’s core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent character. PAVE supports the establishment and operation of:
PAVE Red Hook seeks an Operations Manager to serve as a critical member of the Operations Team, which runs all non-instructional aspects of the school. The Operations Manager is tasked with ensuring that school operations are running efficiently, so that instructional staff can focus on instruction without operational obstacles. The Operations Manager will work as the first responder to staff operations requests, including but not limited to those involving technology, facilities, and general operations assistance. The Operations Manager reports to the school’s Director of Operations.
CLEAR AND CONSISTENT HIGH EXPECTATIONS IN A STRUCTURED ENVIRONMENT: PAVE team members believe firmly that all children can achieve at high levels, both academically and behaviorally, in a positive and structured school environment. PAVE team members demonstrate a willingness to hold themselves and others accountable to high expectations/excellence at all times and do not accept or make excuses when things get hard.
CULTIVATING A GROWTH MINDSET: PAVE team members are hungry for opportunities to learn and grow professionally, no matter how effective one may be in his/her practice. They have an ability to accept and implement feedback for real-time improvement and thrive in the intense environment of a high-performing charter school network.
THE TIMELESS NATURE OF CORE SKILLS + CONTENT: Closing the achievement gap is no small feat, and PAVE team members work hard to realize our mission and do what is best for our kids at all times. We believe that the bellwhethers of life-long success are timeless - the abilities to read and comprehend sophisticated texts, communicate complex ideas, and compute and problem-solve at a high level. PAVE team members believe that teachers should facilitate and scholars should do the heavy lifting when it comes to learning. We believe that ELA and math are at the core of everything we do.
• Embody, advocate and operationalize the mission, vision, and strategic direction of PAVE
• Act as the first responder to technology requests, including issues involving: computers, SMART Boards, internet, mobile devices, databases, copy machines, printers, the network and server, software installation, phone systems, and other trouble shooting related to technology
• Act as the first responder to facilities requests, including but not limited to immediate facilities repairs and maintenance, putting together furniture, and outfitting rooms with all the necessary equipment needed for instruction
• Work with PAVE’s Operations staff to develop and manage systems that are utilized network-wide
• Work with PAVE’s facilities team and property management company to prepare the school’s facility for operation
• Manage the student lottery and application/waitlist database
• Document and work with others to document school systems and procedures
• Work with the school’s operations and instructional team to organize resources
• Set up and manage or work with vendors to set up and manage all instructional, student, and operational software and information systems.
• Create spreadsheets, as needed, that help track and analyze student assessment results
• Assist in general office management, as the second responder to all office management needs
• Assist in answering phones and greeting visitors, as the second responder to all phones and visitors
• Carry boxes and act as the first responder for deliveries that require heavy lifting
• Serve several duties, including but not limited to breakfast, lunch, recess, dismissal, and bus supervision
• Implement the day to day accounting processes of the school according to GAAP (accounts payable and receivable, cash receipts and disbursements), including ensuring that purchasing controls are in place and remain strong, following purchasing requirements, and tracking inventory, as directed by the Finance Team
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
• A strong commitment to PAVE’s mission and vision
• An uncompromising belief that all students can learn
• A relentless work ethic, a high degree of patience, and grit to push through difficult challenges
• High energy with the ability to multi-task and execute quickly
• Strong judgment, initiative, and decision making
• A willingness to be held accountable
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team
• Outstanding communication and writing skills
• Technological expertise and adaptability
• Excellent organizational skills
• The desire and humility to grow as a leader
• At least two years of experience with a proven track-record in operations
• Experience working in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred
PAVE Schools, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.