PAVE Schools, Inc. (PAVE) prepares Kindergarten to 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a community built on the organization’s core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent character. PAVE supports the establishment and operation of:
PAVE Red Hook seeks a Middle School Math teacher. PAVE implements a rigorous, inquiry-based math program that focuses on developing deep mathematical understanding and reasoning in all scholars. PAVE’s Middle School teachers will be involved in developing and implementing the curriculum and assessment programs for Middle School scholars, and will need to be flexible, adaptive, and responsive to feedback to create a growing team environment. Middle School teachers will report to the Middle School Principal.
Our Core Values
Perseverance: We believe that reflection and refinement is key towards continuously growing and improving. We give and receive direct feedback and hold each other accountable. We are solutions minded, positive and allow ourselves to be vulnerable as we persevere to get better.
Achievement: We set ambitious goals and work relentlessly to attain them. We understand the key to student academic growth is great teaching; we obsess over the art and science of teaching timeless content well. We use data to drive all our decisions and measure our success.
Vibrance: We share gratitude with our colleagues, students and families. We recognize that complaining saps our collective strength and remain optimistic in the face of challenges. We focus on the joy of our practice and recognize the accomplishments of others. We believe that good humor and generosity of spirit are key to a positive culture.
Excellent Character: We always assume the best and take concerns to the source. We maintain emotional constancy and disciplined language in all situations. We treat all in our community with honesty
• Embody, advocate and operationalize the mission, vision, and strategic direction of PAVE
• Create and sustain a positive and highly structured school culture of high academic and behavioral expectations
• Implement a research-based curriculum to meet or exceed academic standards
• Assume responsibility for the academic progress of students with a high sense of urgency and ownership towards quantifiable results
• Assume responsibility for ensuring that students develop strong character and “non cognitive” skills (such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity) with the same standards as academic content
• Use assessments and data to inform instructional practices
• Utilize IEPs to adapt instruction to reach the needs of students with disabilities in an inclusion setting
• Communicate effectively and regularly with students and parents about student progress
• Maintain strong, professional relationships with colleagues in an environment where listening, critical thought, respectful debate, and compromise is welcomed and essential
• Commit to continued professional growth and active participation in PAVE professional development
• Complete all lesson plans, progress reports, report cards, and administrative functions with care and timeliness
• Perform other school duties and responsibilities as requested by the Principal
• A strong commitment to PAVE’s mission and vision
• An uncompromising belief that all students can learn
• Strong and advanced content knowledge
• A relentless work ethic and a high degree of patience to push through difficult challenges
• A willingness to be held accountable for quantifiable student achievement and academic gains
• The ability and commitment to use data and regular assessment to inform instructional decisions
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team of teachers
• Outstanding public speaking and writing skills
• Technological proficiency and adaptability
• Excellent organizational skills
• The desire and humility to grow as an educator
• At least two years of experience with a proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom
• Experience teaching in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s Degree (preferred)
• New York State Teaching Certification or Equivalent
PAVE Schools, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.