PAVE Schools, Inc. (PAVE) prepares Kindergarten to 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a community built on the organization’s core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent character. PAVE supports the establishment and operation of:
PAVE Southeast Raleigh seeks a Teacher Resident to support instruction across the school. The goal of the position is teacher development; the resident will spend much time both observing quality instruction and receiving extensive coaching on their own teaching. Additionally, the Teacher Resident will co-teach with staff members across the school, provide small group instruction in all content areas, and provide coverage of classes for absent colleagues. The Teacher Resident reports to the Principal. He or she also accepts direction from, and works closely with, the Academic Dean and the Learning Support Coordinator, as well as his/her Grade Team Lead.
Our Core Values
Perseverance: We believe that reflection and refinement is key towards continuously growing and improving. We give and receive direct feedback and hold each other accountable. We are solutions minded, positive and allow ourselves to be vulnerable as we persevere to get better.
Achievement: We set ambitious goals and work relentlessly to attain them. We understand the key to student academic growth is great teaching; we obsess over the art and science of teaching timeless content well. We use data to drive all our decisions and measure our success.
Vibrance: We share gratitude with our colleagues, students and families. We recognize that complaining saps our collective strength and remain optimistic in the face of challenges. We focus on the joy of our practice and recognize the accomplishments of others. We believe that good humor and generosity of spirit are key to a positive culture.
Excellent Character: We always assume the best and take concerns to the source. We maintain emotional constancy and disciplined language in all situations. We treat all in our community with honesty
• Co-teach with other staff members using different co-teaching models to effectively meet all scholars needs
• Provide coverage of classes for absent colleagues in grades K-4, across all subject areas
• Support teachers to prepare lesson plans and materials (as needed)
• Teach clear and engaging lessons (using lesson plans provided by teachers) that follow the rigorous, Common Core aligned PAVE curriculum
• Build a warm and inclusive classroom environment and adhere to all PAVE discipline policies
• Provide small group instruction in all content areas to support struggling scholars
• Use data to drive small group and whole class instruction
• Assist with assessment administration (ex. Fountas & Pinnell)
• Assist with non-instructional supervision of students
• Create and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and staff
• Actively participate in grade-level meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development, including an annual summer institute
• Accept ultimate responsibility for the academic progress of his or her students, and work to actively overcome setbacks
• A strong commitment to PAVE’s mission and vision
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree and certification preferred
• Flexible and able to easily adapt to change
• The ability to create a classroom environment where students feel safe, supported, and challenged
• Passion and commitment to teaching scholars in underserved areas and to closing the achievement gap
• Relentless drive to set and achieve ambitious goals
• Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
• Growth mindset and ability to use feedback to improve practice
• Experience teaching in underserved areas a plus
PAVE Schools, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.